Friday, January 25, 2013

Friendship Bread Day 10

     So here it is day 10 well day 11.  I made the friendship bread yesterday.  I added my flour, sugar and milk before measuring out my one cup that I needed to make my recipe.  I ended up with at least 6 cups of starter.  3 I put in the freezer which is suppose to be just as good when you take it out to use it.  1 I kept for myself to start another 10 days and the other 2 I used to make two recipes.  
     I first made Banana Nut Bread.  Instead of making two loaves like the recipe calls for I made 6 small loaves which are prefect for giving.  That way me and my hubby didn't have to eat two big loaves, which we don't need the extra calories.  The second was a Chocolate Chocolate Chip which I also did in the small loaves.  So whoever was lucky enough to get this wonderful breads got to taste each.  
     Here is the Banana Nut Bread.  Which my husband said was very addicting and tasted like old fashioned Banana Bread like his mom used to make.  

And here is the first loaf sliced up.  The edges were the best part.  They were sticky and gooey.  



Here is the recipe for the Banana Nut Bread.  

1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
2 mashed bananas
3 eggs
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon banana extract
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1 small box banana cream banana cream instant pudding. ( I didn't have any banana so I   used french vanilla)
1 cup chopped nuts ( I used pecans)
     Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  In a large mixing bowl , add ingredients as listed.  Grease 2 large loaf pans.  Dust the greased pans with granulated sugar.  (This is what makes the outside sticky and gooey.  YUM - O).  Pour the batter evenly into loaf pans.  Bake for 1 hour, or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.  I baked mine in 6 small loaves for 35 minutes.  



And here is the Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bread.  This is a very chocolaty rich bread.  So good with a big tall glass of milk. 


Here is the recipe for the Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bread.

1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
3 eggs
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1/4 cup cocoa
2 small boxes instant chocolate pudding ( I used 1 chocolate and 1 chocolate fudge)
1 cup chocolate chips ( I tossed mine in about 2 tablespoons flour so they wouldn't sink)
     Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.  Grease two large loaf pans.  Dust the greased pans with a mixture of 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cocoa. (Makes the YUM-O stuff).  Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans and sprinkle the remaining sugar-cocoa mixture on the top.  Bake for  1 hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.  Again I used 6 small loaf pans and baked them for 45 minutes.  

So there is the recipes for the bread.  If anyone would like a starter let me know and when I make my next batch I will share one with you.  Till next time enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment