Wednesday, January 9, 2013

First Post and Recipe

     Okay everyone so here it is my first blog post and first recipe.  This blog will be just a place for me to share my recipes that I try, my cross stitch hobby, and my photography which is okay but needs some improvement.  And just some occasional things I feel like sharing with everyone. 

     So here is the salad my mother in law made that we had for New Years Day.  I loved it so much she made me another one the other day.  It is an addicting salad.  My brother in laws wife has her mother make this for her for her birthday instead of a cake.  So give it a try you won't be disappointed.  





7 Layer Salad

1 head lettuce, chopped into bite size pieces
1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
Red onion, as much to your taste, chopped small
1 (15 ounce) can Le Sueur very small peas, drained
2 cups mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 cups shredded Mexican 4 cheese, or shredded cheddar or a mix of both
Bacos or cooked crumbled bacon as much as you want
     Stir together sugar and mayonnaise in bowl to dissolve sugar.  In a 9x13 inch pan layer ingredients as listed above.  Spreading each layer evenly.  Cover with plastic wrap and press down lightly and refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.  


Well there is my first post and recipe to share. There will be many more to come.  So come back and check out my country place.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I have a weakness for any salad that has peas in it, so I'll have to try your version soon. Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lorinda you will not be disappointed in this salad. Let me know how you like it whenever you make it.

      Delete