Saturday, January 19, 2013

Mardi Gras

     Anyone who lives in south Louisiana knows what Mardi Gras is.  It is one of the biggest celebrations here.  I live in a small town and about two weeks before Mardi Gras we have a Mardi Gras run.  Everyone dresses in costumes and rides on decorated floats and of course chase chickens.  So to celebrate Mardi Gras I made some cupcakes in the traditional colors, purple, green and gold.  For anyone who wants to know the technique to these cupcakes check out Crafty Mama.  I have made the camo ones which came out great so I just changed the colors to fit Mardi Gras colors.  It is really a simple thing to make.  And she also has a link to her icing.  Trust me it is the best icing I have ever had.  It is so smooth and silky and I could eat the stuff out the bowl with a spoon.  So here is my finished product.  So all of you that like to do a little baking give them a try they are delicious.  


      Here is one cut in half to show you how they look.  And of course I had to eat this one since I had cut it in half. 


No comments:

Post a Comment