Sunday, January 13, 2013

 Here it is January 13 and so far this month my rain gauge says we have had about 19 inches so far this month.  13 days and we have had that much rain.  I must say I love winter but this is the worst wet winter I have ever seen.  And to top it off.  Had the air conditioner running this morning and looks like by this evening we will either but the heater on or light the fire place.  Oh the joys of living in south Louisiana.  

     So my mother in law made another salad the other day and it was delicious.  It would be a perfect summer salad.  To me this salad is good anytime.  My mother in law did say that sometimes glazed walnuts are hard to find.  She did fine some candied pecans that worked in this salad too.  And this salad is so easy to throw together.



Spring Salad
1 bottle poppy seed dressing
1 package of spring salad mix or iceberg lettuce
1 container of sliced strawberries
1/2 purple onion sliced or diced
1 bag glazed walnuts, must be the glazed ones
1 can of mandarin oranges, well drained my mother in law used the big can
     Mix together, wait to add dressing until time to serve.  You may not want to add the whole bottle of dressing.  Just add enough to your liking. 



No comments:

Post a Comment